SAN DIEGO, Calif. — February 16, 2015 – Philanthropist Madeleine Pickens and Event Co-Chair Dominique Plewes have announced a preview of the spectacular Live and Super Silent Auction items during at fourth annual fundraiser to benefit the SEAL-Naval Special Warfare (NSW) Family Foundation on Saturday, March 21. This year’s fundraiser, sponsored by American Airlines, Bumble Bee Foods, Corky’s Pest Control, John Matty Co., NAMMO, Kimmelman Family Foundation, Pamplemousse Grille and others, will thank the Naval Special Warfare community and their families for their military service, and to honor their fallen heroes. Last year’s event hosted 400 guests and raised more than $1.3 million.
The Live Auction is highlighted by:
- Napa Wine and Wonder — Travel in luxury on a “Conquest 11” private plane with five of your best friends to the beautiful wine country of Napa Valley. This package includes a private plane, a one night stay with three rooms at the beautiful Villagio Inn Spa, and wine tasting and private tours at the beautiful Colgin Vineyards and Winery and the renown David Arthur Winery.
- Dinner with Sugar Ray and Bernadette Leonard — Enjoy a private, exclusive dinner for you and nine of your friends at your home with Boxing Hall of Famer Sugar Ray Leonard and his wife Bernadette. This unforgettable evening will include dinner prepared by acclaimed Chef Jeffery Strauss, owner of Pamplemousse Grille, complete with wines from his private wine cellar.
- A Football Lovers’ Dream — Begin this once in a lifetime trip for two by flying first class to the famous Greenbrier Resort in White Sulpher Springs, West Virginia to New Orleans Saints Training Camp for three days. You will attend practice and hang with coaches and players and have breakfast with Quarterback Drew Brees and his teammates. The trip also features a round of golf at the renowned Greenbrier Golf Course.
- A Day of Golf with Football Legend Joe Montana — You and two of your friends can enjoy a day of golf at the Del Mar Country Club with NFL Hall of Famer and four time Super Bowl Champion Joe Montana. Depending on tee time, you will spend quality time with the Montana having breakfast or lunch talking football and with Joe signing footballs and team photos for your group.
Here is the link to all Live Auction items —http://supportourwarriors.org/liveauction.html
The Super Silent Auction is highlighted by:
- Jenny Craig’s Opening Day Table — Enjoy Opening Day with five of your friends at the Del Mar Race Track while sitting at Jenny Craig’s exclusive table in the Turf Club. Travel in style to and from the track in an Escalade provided by La Costa Limousine for the day.
- Escape to Grand Cayman — Travel to the Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman with two Business Class tickets on American Airlines, with a three-night stay in a Garden View room. Enjoy tropical nights dining at some of the finest restaurants, relax on the beautiful Seven Mile beach and maybe even swim with the stingrays.
- San Diego Padre Experience — Enjoy a Luxury Suite at Petco Park which is ready to accommodate up to 20 of your guests, including food and non-alcoholic beverages. You will also meet Padres Legend, Trevor Hoffman.
- Bob Bondurant’s High Performance Driving School — Spend two days learning high performance race car driving at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving. Founded by former Formula One Driver, Bob Bondurant, this high performance driving school specializes in racing, karting, teen driving, and law enforcement driving education. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, this package also includes a two-night stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa, two round trip coach flight tickets and a rental car.
Here is the link to all Super Silent Auction Items — http://www.supportourwarriors.org/silentauction.html
The Del Mar Country Club fundraiser will begin a scramble golf tournament at 10:30 a.m., with a pre-tournament clinic and exhibition by professional golf coach Hank Haney; a cocktail reception and silent auction will be held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., with dinner at 6:30 p.m. featuring keynote address by General Michael Hayden, former Director of the CIA and the National Security Agency; and wrapped up with a live action and entertainment.
The Del Mar Country Club is one of the premier country clubs in Southern California. The club family owned and managed by Madeleine Ann Pickens, a golf enthusiast, businesswoman and philanthropist. The daughter of renowned golf course architect, Bill Baker, she drew from her father’s mentoring and her European influences to develop the golf course and its magnificent landscaping surrounding a 55,000 square foot castle-like Clubhouse. The breathtaking property quickly turned into one of the finest country clubs in the country. Madeleine is currently developing Mustang Monument Eco-Resort and Preserve in Northeastern Nevada. For more information about both properties, visit: www.delmarcountryclub.com andwww.mustangmonument.com.
About SEAL – Naval Special Warfare Family Foundation
The SEAL-Naval Special Warfare Family Foundation supports individual and family readiness through an array of programs specifically targeted to assist the Naval Special Warfare community in maintaining a resilient, sustainable, and healthy force in this era of persistent conflict and frequent deployments. SEALs ability to stay fit and focused determines the success of every mission; part of our job is to facilitate that focus by ensuring every Naval Special Warfare service member knows their family is, and will be, taken care of. Our motto is “Taking Care of THEIR families While They Protect OURS.” Our Family Foundation programs include Family Graduation Dinners, Sisterhood Meetings, Family Resiliency Retreats, NSW Kids Programs to assist families with children with special needs, Bereavement Support, Family Readiness Group Grants, Emergency Assistance, and Wounded Warrior and Fallen Hero Family Support. For more information or to make a donation, visit sealfamilyfoundation.org.
For more information about the sponsorship packages for the fourth annual fundraiser to benefit the SEAL-Naval Special Warfare (NSW) Family Foundation, visitwww.supportourwarriors.org, or contact Carol Tuller at 619-344-0344, x715 firstname.lastname@example.org.